Terms of Reference
Inquiry into timber supply constraints in the Australian plantation sector terms of reference.
to inquire and report on:
- the nature of wood supply from Australia's plantation sector including:
- Projected timber volumes available over the next 30 years and the potential grades of logs available.
- The plantation wood supply available for domestic softwood processors including:
- Current and future demand for logs for domestic processors; and
- Any shortfall in current processing industry demand for logs.
- The competitiveness of log pricing between domestic and export market.
- The term of log supply contracts needed to support the processing sectors.
- Opportunities to increase Australia's wood supply, including identifying and addressing barriers to plantation establishment.
- The role that state governments could have in assisting in addressing any problems identified by the work of this committee.
- Make any recommendations around any code of conduct or management mode that could assist in addressing any problems identified by the work of this committee.