The Committee will inquire into and report on key aspects of educational opportunities and outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students up to school leaving age, including but not limited to:
- access to, participation in and outcomes of pre-schooling
- the provision of boarding school education and its outcomes
- access to, participation in, and benefits of different school models for indigenous students in different parts of Australia
- engagement and achievement of students in remote areas
- impacts on, and support for families and communities whose children experience different models of educational services
- best practice models, both domestically and internationally
- comparisons of school models in the transition to further education and employment outcomes.