The Committee is to inquire into and report upon the role of smart ICT in the design and planning of infrastructure, in particular:
- Identifying innovative technology for the mapping, modelling, design and operation of infrastructure;
- Identifying the new capabilities smart ICT will provide;
- Examining the productivity benefits of smart ICT;
- Harmonising data formats and creating nationally consistent arrangements for data storage and access;
- Identifying international best practice in the use of smart ICT in the design and planning of infrastructure;
- Considering the use of smart ICT in related fields, such as disaster planning and remediation; and
- Considering means, including legislative and administrative action, by which government can promote this technology to increase economic productivity.