<< Return to previous page | Senate Daily Summary
Download this document (PDF 108KB)
2009-10 Additional estimates
Senate committees will meet this week to consider the 2009-10 additional estimates
Monday 8 February and Tuesday 9 February
- Environment, Communications and the Arts Committee (program)
- Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy
- Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts
- Finance and Public Administration Committee (program)
- Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Climate Change
- Finance and Deregulation
- Human Services
- Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee (program)
- Immigration and Citizenship
- Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Committee (program)
- Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
- Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government
Wednesday 10 February and Thursday 11 February
- Community Affairs Committee
- Health and Ageing
- Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
- Economics Committee (program)
- Innovation, Industry, Science and Research
- Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Committee (program)
- Education, Employment and Workplace Relations
- Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade Committee (program)
- Veterans' Affairs
- Foreign Affairs and Trade
Friday 12 February
Pursuant to a resolution of the Senate of 26 August 2008, the Community Affairs Committee will hold a special hearing on cross portfolio Indigenous issues.
Portfolio budget statements and related papers can be obtained from the Senate Table Office (phone 6277 3010) and on the Internet.
General information about the consideration of the 2009-10 additional estimates (membership of committees, portfolio allocation, terms of reference etc.) is available on the Senate web page.
A program for each of the committees is available on the Senate webpage and will be updated as necessary.
Committee proceedingscan be viewed on the Internet
Committee Hansardscan be obtained from the Senate Table Office (phone 6277 3010) and on the Internet (when available)
The Senate Daily Summary will be published each day after the committees meet. The Summary will give a brief overview on the progress made by each committee and the business each committee expects to consider the next day.
* * * * * * * * * * *
The Senate Daily Summary is available on the Internet at www.aph.gov.au/senate
It is issued this week by the Senate Table Office as a convenient summary of each day's consideration of estimates by Senate committees. On sitting days it provides a summary of each day's proceedings in the Senate.
Senate Briefs, prepared by the Senate Procedure Office, provide general information about the estimates process:
No. 4: Senate Committees
No. 5: Consideration of Estimates by the Senate Committees
No. 13: Rights and Responsibilities of Witnesses before Senate Committees
Inquiries, comments and suggestions:
phone 6277 3021