This annual report of the Department of the Senate documents the department’s performance for the financial year ending 30 June 2020.
The report is presented in six parts.
|Commentary by the Clerk on performance and significant matters that affected the department, and a description of the role, aims, structure and functions
|A summary of overall performance, the department's annual performance statement, and a description of each office's contribution to the department's outcome
|A report on corporate governance and the management of resources
|The auditor's report and audited financial statements
- Contact details
|Tools to assist the reader:
- a glossary and abbreviations list
- an index showing how the report complies with annual reporting requirements
- an alphabetical index
The report is presented for tabling in the Senate pursuant to section 65 of the Parliamentary Service Act 1999. It is also produced to meet the information needs of
interested people, including:
- senators and their staff
- the Australian community
- staff of the Department of the Senate and other parliamentary departments
- staff of other legislatures
- staff of executive government departments and agencies, and
- the media.
The report is available on the department’s website: