Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Amendment Bill 2014
On 6 March 2014, the Senate referred the provisions of the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Amendment Bill 2014 (the Bill) for inquiry and report by 16 June 2014. The committee has agreed that submissions should be received by 2 May 2014.
The Bill proposes to amend the Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency Act 2011 in relation to:
- quality assessments of higher education providers; the delegation of decisions;
- extending periods of accreditation or registration;
- the appointment of commissioners;
- the roles and responsibilities of the Chief Commissioner and Chief Executive Officer;
- notifying providers of decisions; the scope of ministerial directions; and
- Ministerial approval being required for legislative instruments which determine fees to be charged.