House of Representatives Committees
House Standing Committee on Education and Employment
Inquiry into the role of Technical and Further Education system and its operation
Terms of Reference
TAFEs have played a critical role in the training and development of Australians for more than one hundred years. For many Australians, TAFEs provide a critical pathway to training and skills which are increasingly needed to access employment. They also play a critical role in regions and in providing access for disadvantaged groups.
The Committee will inquire into and report on the role played by TAFEs in:
- the development of skills in the Australian economy;
- the development of opportunities for Australians to improve themselves and increase their life and employment prospects;
- the delivery of services and programs to support regions, communities and disadvantaged individuals to access training and skills and through them a
pathway to employment;
- the operation of a competitive training market; and
- those jurisdictions in which State Governments have announced funding
decisions which may impact on their operation and viability.
Back to top