- Parliamentary service
- State: elected to the New South Wales Legislative Assembly for Port Macquarie from 30.11.1996. Resigned 13.8.2008.
- Federal: elected to the House of Representatives for Lyne, New South Wales at by-election 6.9.2008, vice the Hon. MAJ Vaile (resigned). Re-elected 2010. Retired prior to general elections 2013.
- Parliamentary positions
- Member, Speaker's Panel from 16.2.12.
- Committee service
- State: Regulation Review from 3.6.98 to 5.3.99; Public Bodies Review from 8.5.03 to 2.3.07; Public Accounts from 21.6.07 to 13.8.08; Natural Resource Management (Climate Change) from 28.6.07 to 13.8.08.
- Federal: House of Representatives Standing: Education and Training from 10.11.08 to 19.7.10; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Affairs from 11.5.10 to 19.7.10; Selection from 30.9.10 to 5.8.13; Infrastructure and Communications from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Statutory: Public Accounts and Audit from 25.10.10 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Standing: Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade from 19.3.09 to 19.7.10; Parliamentary Library from 16.6.10 to 19.7.10; National Broadband Network from 22.3.11 to 5.8.13.
- Joint Select: Cyber-Safety from 18.3.10 to 19.7.10; Parliamentary Budget Office from 23.11.10 to 23.3.11; Australia?s Immigration Detention Network from 17.8.11 to 30.3.12; Constitutional Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples from 29.11.12 to 5.8.13; Broadcasting Legislation from 14.3.13 to 24.6.13.
- Conferences, delegations and visits
- Member, Parliamentary Delegation to the Philippines, Cambodia and Malaysia, April-May 2009.
- Parliamentary party positions
- State: Member, Opposition Shadow Ministry from 19.4.99 to 9.3.02. Shadow Minister for Sport and Recreation and Shadow Minister for Fisheries and Ports from 19.4.99 to 9.3.02.
- Born 14.12.1969, Lismore, NSW.
- Qualifications and occupation before entering Federal Parliament
- BA (Hons)(Syd.), B LLB (Macq.).
- Assistant to lobbying firm Resolutions 1992-93.
- Media officer to the Hon. MAJ Vaile, MP 1993-96.
- Member, Legislative Assembly (NSW) 1996-2008 (see Parliamentary service above).
Location: mid-north coast of New South Wales; it includes the centres of Bonny Hills, Crescent Head, Gloucester, Harrington, Kendall, Lake Cathie, Laurieton, North Haven, Old Bar, Port Macquarie, Taree, Wauchope and Wingham.
Area: 11 991 sq km (approx.).
Electors enrolled: 92 565 (at 21.8.10).
Industries: timber, beef and dairy cattle, mixed farming, fishing and oyster farming, boat building, engineering, mining and tourism.
State electorates: Lyne includes the New South Wales Legislative Assembly electorate of Port Macquarie, and parts of Myall Lakes, Oxley and Upper Hunter.