Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 7 for 2012
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Scott Ludlam (Acting Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 7 OF 2012
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 20 June 2012 at 7.14 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That-
- the Government Investment Funds Amendment (Ethical Investments) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Finance and Public Administration Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 22 August 2012 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards Bill 2012 and the provisions of the Greenhouse and Energy Minimum Standards (Registration Fees) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Environment and Communications Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 August 2012 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the provisions of the Maritime Powers Bill 2012 and the provisions of the Maritime Powers (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 20 August 2012 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bill not be referred to a committee:
- Financial Framework Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 2) 2012.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Customs Tariff Amendment (2012 Measures No. 1) Bill 2012
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting and Telecommunications Amendment) Bill 2011
- Special Broadcasting Service Amendment (Natural Program Breaks and Disruptive Advertising) Bill 2012
- Statute Stocktake (Appropriations) Bill (No. 1) 2012.
21 June 2012
Back to top