Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 5 for 2012
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Carol Brown
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon Jacinta Collins
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 5 OF 2012
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 9 May 2012 at 7.29 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the Low Aromatic Fuel Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 21 September 2012 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend-That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Customs Amendment (Anti-dumping Improvements) Bill (No. 2) 2012
- Customs Tariff (Anti-Dumping) Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2012
- Customs Tariff Amendment (Schedule 4) Bill 2012
- Federal Financial Relations Amendment (National Health Reform) Bill 2012
- Health Insurance Amendment (Professional Services Review) Bill 2012
- Paid Parental Leave and Other Legislation Amendment (Dad and Partner Pay and Other Measures) Bill 2012
- Telecommunications Interception and Other Legislation Amendment (State Bodies) Bill 2012.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered a proposal to refer the Family Assistance and Other Legislation Amendment (Schoolkids Bonus Budget Measures) Bill 2012 to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee, but agreed that the bill not be referred to a committee (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Malabar Headland Protection Bill 2012
- Migration (Visa Evidence) Charge Bill 2012
- Migration (Visa Evidence) Charge (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2012
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting and Telecommunications Amendment) Bill 2011
- Special Broadcasting Service Amendment (Natural Program Breaks and Disruptive Advertising) Bill 2012.
10 May 2012
Back to top