Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 2 for 2012
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator the Hon Mark Arbib
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 2 OF 2012
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 1 March 2012 at 11.19 am.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Aviation Transport Security Amendment (Screening) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Rural and Regional Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 May 2012 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral) ;
- the provisions of the Classification (Publications, Films and Computer Games) Amendment (R 18+ Computer Games) Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 16 March 2012 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Amendment Bill 2012 be referred immediately to the Education, Employment and Workplace Relations Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 8 May 2012 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Assisting Victims of Overseas Terrorism Bill 2012
- Corporations Amendment (Phoenixing and Other Measures) Bill 2012
- Electoral and Referendum Amendment (Protecting Elector Participation) Bill 2012
- Family Assistance and Other Legislation Amendment Bill 2012
- Financial Framework Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2012
- Higher Education Support Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2012
- Native Title Amendment (Reform) Bill (No. 1) 2012
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Disability Support Pension Participation Reforms) Bill 2012
- Superannuation Legislation Amendment (Trustee Obligations and Prudential Standards) Bill 2012.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Protecting Children from Junk Food Advertising (Broadcasting and Telecommunications Amendment) Bill 2011
- Corporations Legislation Amendment (Audit Enhancement) Bill 2012
- Indirect Tax Laws Amendment (Assessment) Bill 2012
- Low Aromatic Fuel Bill 2012
- Public Service Amendment Bill 2012
- Special Broadcasting Service Amendment (Natural Program Breaks and Disruptive Advertising) Bill 2012
- Tax and Superannuation Laws Amendment (2012 Measures No. 1) Bill 2012.
1 March 2012
Back to top