Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 12 of 2011
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Anne McEwen (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Helen Kroger (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator Carol Brown
Senator Mitch Fifield
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 12 OF 2011
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 14 September 2011 at 7.10 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the Constitutional Corporations (Farm Gate to Plate) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Economics Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 24 November 2011 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- the Qantas Sale Amendment (Still Call Australia Home) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Rural Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 2 November 2011 (see appendix 2 for a statement of reasons for referral); and
- the Quarantine Amendment (Disallowing Permits) Bill 2011 be referred immediately to the Rural Affairs and Transport Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 2 November 2011 (see appendix 3 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Corporations (Fees) Amendment Bill 2011
- National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Amendment Bill 2011
- Parliamentary Service Amendment (Parliamentary Budget Officer) Bill 2011
- Protection of the Sea (Prevention of Pollution from Ships) Amendment (Oils in the Antarctic Area) Bill 2011
The committee recommends accordingly.
The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Clean Energy Bill 2011 and 17 related bills
- Landholders’ Right to Refuse (Coal Seam Gas) Bill 2011
- Migration Amendment (Declared Countries) Bill (No. 2) 2011
- Steel Transformation Plan Bill 2011
- Telecommunications Amendment (Mobile Phone Towers) Bill 2011.
15 September 2011
Back to top