Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 3 for 2010
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Kerry O'Brien (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator Stephen Parry (Opposition Whip)
Senator John Williams (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Party Whip)
Senator Judith Adams
Senator David Bushby
Senator the Hon. Joe Ludwig
Senator Anne McEwen
Secretary: Maureen Weeks
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 3 OF 2010
- The committee met in private session on Thursday, 25 February 2010 at 11.52 am.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Health Practitioner Regulation (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 May 2010 (see appendix 1 for a statement of reasons for referral);
- the provisions of the National Radioactive Waste Management Bill 2010 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 15 March 2010 (see appendices 2 and 3 for statements of reasons for referral); and
- the Wild Rivers (Environmental Management) Bill 2010 [No. 2] be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 9 May 2010 (see appendix 4 for a statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Anti-People Smuggling and Other Measures Bill 2010
- Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Amendment (Recreational Fishing for Mako and Porbeagle Sharks) Bill 2010
- Family Assistance Legislation Amendment (Child Care) Bill 2010
- Renewable Energy—Electricity (Water Heaters and Phantom Certificates) Bill 2010
- Social Security and Other Legislation Amendment (Scholarship Payments) Bill 2010.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee deferred consideration of the Keeping Jobs from Going Offshore (Protection of Personal Information) Bill 2009 to its next meeting.
25 February 2010
Attachment is available in the PDF version of this document | attachment |
Back to top