Selection of Bills Committee - Report No. 12 for 2007
MEMBERS OF THE COMMITTEE
Senator Stephen Parry (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Andrew Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator Fiona Nash (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Rachel Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator Steve Fielding (The Family First Whip)
Senator the Hon. Eric Abetz
Senator Joe Ludwig
Senator Julian McGauran
Senator Ruth Webber
Secretary: Richard Pye
SELECTION OF BILLS COMMITTEE
REPORT NO. 12 OF 2007
- The committee met in private session on Wednesday, 8 August 2007 at 4.17 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the provisions of the Water Bill 2007 and Water (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2007 be referred immediately to the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Committee for inquiry and report, but was unable to reach agreement on a reporting date. (see appendix 1 for statements of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Independent Contractors Amendment Bill 2007
- Migration (Climate Refugees) Amendment Bill 2007
- Peace and Non-Violence Commission Bill 2007
- Public Interest Disclosures Bill 2007.
The committee recommends accordingly.
- The committee considered a proposal to refer the Lobbying and Ministerial Accountability Bill 2007 to the Finance and Public Administration Committee, but was unable to reach agreement on whether the bill should be referred.
- The committee deferred consideration of the following bills to its next meeting:
- Australian Securities and Investments Commission (Fair Bank and Credit Card Fees) Amendment Bill 2007
- Migration Legislation Amendment (Restoration of Rights and Procedural Fairness) Bill 2007.
9 August 2007
AMENDMENT TO REPORT
I move the following amendment:
At the end of the motion, add “and, in respect of the provisions of the Water Bill 2007 and the Water (Consequential Amendments) Bill 2007, the Environment, Communications, Information Technology and the Arts Committee report by 14 August 2007.”.
(speaking time: 5 minutes per speaker)
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document | attachments | amendment |
Back to top