Selection of Bills Committee - Report 9 for 2005
Members of the Committee
Senator Ferris (Government Whip, Chair)
Senator George Campbell (Opposition Whip)
Senator Bartlett (Australian Democrats Whip)
Senator McGauran (The Nationals Whip)
Senator Siewert (The Australian Greens Whip)
Senator the Hon C Ellison
- The committee met in private session on Tuesday, 6 September 2005 at 4.18 pm.
- The committee resolved to recommend—That—
- the provisions of the Corporations (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Legal and Constitutional Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 12 October 2005 (see appendix 1 for statement of reasons for referral) ; and
- the provisions of the Therapeutic Goods Amendment Bill 2005 be referred immediately to the Community Affairs Legislation Committee for inquiry and report by 28 October 2005 (see appendix 2 for statement of reasons for referral).
- The committee resolved to recommend—That the following bills not be referred to committees:
- Defence Legislation Amendment Bill (No. 1) 2005
- Protection of the Sea (Shipping Levy) Amendment Bill 2005
- Tax Laws Amendment (2005 Measures No. 5) Bill 2005.
The committee recommends accordingly.
7 August 2005
Attachments are available in the PDF version of this document, available here.
Back to top