Terms of Reference
The Joint Standing Committee on The National Capital and External Territories will inquire into the introduction of pay parking in the Parliamentary Zone. The Committee will pay particular attention to:
- The interests of visitors to the Parliamentary Zone;
- The interests of those employed in the Parliamentary Zone and adjacent areas;
- The interests of the national institutions in the Parliamentary Zone;
- Tourism and related issues; and
- Proposed parking policies for Forrest and Barton - areas adjacent to the Parliamentary Zone managed by the ACT Government and the effects of these policies on parking arrangements in the Parliamentary Zone.
On 12 December 2002 the Committee agreed to accept the terms of reference from the Minister and conduct an inquiry.
Back to top