House Standing Committee on Procedure
Inquiry into the effectiveness of House Committees
Terms of reference
The Committee encourages submissions to its inquiry from a wide range of individuals and organisations. While we prefer submissions lodged in an original, electronic format, we do not want to exclude contributors who do not have access to computing facilities. Therefore, we will accept submissions in a range of formats which may include typewritten and handwritten documents.
Submissions should be provided to the secretariat by 3 July 2009.
Submissions to this inquiry are listed below in Portable Document Format (PDF). If an alternative format (ie, hard copy or large print) is required, please contact the Committee Secretariat. More submissions will be added to the list when they are received and authorised for publication.
For more information on submissions, please refer to our brochure on preparing a submission.
To view or print the submissions, you will need Adobe Acrobat® PDF Reader, which can be downloaded free of charge from Adobe.®
There is currently a total of 19 submissions and 1 supplementary submission in the following list.
- Prof George Williams (PDF 181KB)
- The Hon. Kevin Rozzoli AM (PDF 111KB)
- Australian Lawyers for Human Rights (PDF 82KB)
- Prof Geoffrey Lindell (PDF 102KB)
- Human Rights Law Resource Centre (PDF 117KB)
- Department of the House of Representatives (PDF 304KB)
6.1 Supplementary submission
Department of the House of Representatives (PDF 607KB)
- House of Representatives Standing Committee on Legal and Constitutional Affairs (PDF 316KB)
- Mr Steve Georganas MP (PDF 268KB)
- Civil Liberties Australia (PDF 255KB)
- Mr Edward Santow (PDF 110KB)
- Assoc. Prof Simon Rice OAM and Dr Matthew Rimmer (PDF 157KB)
- House of Representatives Standing Committee on Employment and Workplace Relations (PDF 293KB)
- Prof Ian Marsh (PDF 116KB)
- Dr Phil Larkin (PDF 125KB)
- Public Interest Law Clearing House (PILCH) (PDF 128KB)
- Ms Annette Ellis MP (PDF 386KB)
- Doctors for the Environment Australia (PDF 146KB)
- Mr Simon Fenton-Jones (PDF 152KB)
- House of Representatives Standing Committee on Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Local Government (PDF 375KB)
Back to top