Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry
Terms of reference
The House of Representatives Standing Committee on Agriculture, Fisheries
and Forestry is to inquire into the provision of future water supplies for
Australia's rural industries and communities, particularly:
- The role of the Commonwealth in ensuring adequate and sustainable
supply of water in rural and regional Australia.
- Commonwealth policies and programs, in rural and regional Australia that could
underpin stability of storage and supply of water for domestic consumption and other
- The effect of Commonwealth policies and programs on current and future
water use in rural Australia.
- Commonwealth policies and programs that could address
and balance the competing demands on water resources.
- The adequacy of scientific research on the approaches required for adaptation
to climate variability and better weather prediction, including the reliability
of forecasting systems and capacity to provide specialist forecasts.
Back to top