The House of Representatives Standing Committee on the Environment and Energy will inquire into and report on
impact of nationally protected flying-foxes on communities in the eastern states of Australia, with regard to the following terms:
- the circumstances and process by which flying-foxes are listed and delisted as threatened species at both the state and Commonwealth levels;
- the interaction between the state and Commonwealth regulatory frameworks;
- strategic approaches to managing species at a regional scale;
- opportunities to streamline the regulation of flying-fox management; and
- the success or otherwise of management actions, such as dispersal of problematic flying-fox camps.