106 Notice of order
A notice for an order for a roll call of the Senate, as soon as practicable after the notice is given, shall be forwarded by the Clerk to each senator.
107 Order for roll call
- An order for a roll call shall be made not less than 21 days before the day specified in the order as the day for the roll call.
- An order for a roll call may be postponed or discharged as with other orders of the day.
- An order for a roll call shall be the first order of the day for the day on which the roll call is to take place.
108 Conduct of roll call
- When the order of the day for a roll call is read, the bells shall be rung as for a division.
- The names of all senators shall then be called by the Clerk in alphabetical order and senators present shall answer their names.
- The name of a senator who has not answered shall be called again, and if the senator does not then answer the President shall report the absence of the senator.
109 Senators not present
A senator reported as absent after a roll call may, on motion without notice, be excused from attendance or be ordered to attend at a future time.
110 Roll call for Constitution alteration bills
- A roll call shall take place immediately before the third reading of a bill to alter the Constitution.
- Where the third readings of more than one bill to alter the Constitution are determined in immediate succession, one roll call may be made in respect of all the bills.