Asylum seekers, refugees and people smuggling—links to the key Parliamentary Library papers
Posted 15/03/2013 by Janet Phillips
The Parliamentary Library has recently released several new and updated papers on asylum seekers, refugees, boat arrivals and people smuggling.
Links to these papers are included below together with links to other research papers in related areas.
Other relevant papers
Image source: www.aph.gov.au
- E Karlsen, Developments in Australian refugee law and policy 2010–11, 2012
- C Cooper, The immigration debate in Australia: from Federation to World War One, 2012
- H Spinks et. al., Australian Government spending on irregular maritime arrivals and counter-people smuggling activity, 2011
- E Karlsen, Refugee resettlement to Australia: what are the facts?, 2011
- E Karlsen, J Phillips and E Koleth, Seeking asylum: Australia’s humanitarian program, 2011
- E Karlsen, Developments in Australian refugee law and policy 2007–10: Labor’s first term in office, 2010
- J Phillips, M Klapdor and J Simon-Davies, Migration to Australia since federation: a guide to the statistics, 2010
- E Koleth, Multiculturalism: a review of Australian policy statements and recent debates in Australia and overseas, 2010
- H Spinks, Australia’s settlement services for migrants and refugees, 2009
- B York, Australia and refugees 1901–2002: an annotated chronology based on official sources, 2002.
Thank you for your comment. If it does not require moderation, it will appear shortly.