Key projects within the department’s management and accountability framework for 2007–08 include:
- a training and development program to enhance the supervisory and leadership skills and knowledge of managers and supervisors
- enhancement of the human resource information system to enable external job applicants to apply for vacancies online and to automate overtime processing arrangements
- improvements to induction procedures for new staff
- implementation of annual workforce planning procedures
- upgrade of the department’s Finance One software to the newest version
- investigation of the redevelopment of the Senate intranet
- progress on furniture replacement for departmental offices.