About this report
The Department of the House of Representatives provides services that allow the House to fulfil its role as a representative and legislative body of the Australian Parliament.
This annual report details our activities during the 2012–13 financial year.
- The overviews section includes a report by the Clerk of the House of Representatives, Bernard Wright, who is also the chief executive of our department. A departmental overview describes our purpose, role, structure and outputs.
- The performance section describes the main activities of our five program components, and measures our performance against our targets during the year.
- The management and accountability section spells out our approach to corporate governance, the management of our people and assets, and our obligations under various laws. This section also provides an outlook on the next financial year.
- The appendixes give detailed information about our work for the House, its committees and visitors, and about our publications and our staffing.
- The financial statements show how we spent the money allocated to us by the Parliament.
- Finally, to aid in navigating and interpreting the report, there is a list of abbreviations and acronyms and a general index.
Inquiries and feedback about this report
The department welcomes your comments on this report. To make a comment, or to request more information, please contact:
Department of the House of Representatives
Canberra Act 2600
Telephone: +61 2 6277 4444
Fax: +61 2 6277 2006
© Commonwealth of Australia 2012
This work is copyright. Apart from any use as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process without prior written permission from the Commonwealth. Requests and inquiries concerning reproduction and rights should be addressed to the Commonwealth Copyright Administration, Attorney General’s Department, Robert Garran Offices, National Circuit, Canberra ACT 2600 or posted at www.ag.gov.au/cca
Produced by: Department of the House of Representatives
Editing and indexing by: Wilton Hanford Hanover
Design: Lisa McDonald
Printed by: CanPrint Communications
Online version by: Department of the House of Representatives, Knowledge Management and Publishing
Unless otherwise acknowledged, all photographs in this report were taken by staff of the Department of the House of Representatives.
Front cover image: Department of the House of Representatives entrance viewed from the Chinese gardens.
Back to top
This online guide and About this report will help you find your way around the House of Representatives Annual Report 2012–13.
Download and printing
The report is available for download as a Portable Document Format (PDF) file that can be viewed offline. PDF is the best format for printing. The report is available from the contents page as a single PDF document or as individual parts.
This report is available in PDF, with an accessible HTML version to follow shortly.
If you have any difficulty accessing the report, please contact the Annual Report Contact Officer or the House of Representatives Web Administrator.
Back to top